I am still looking for answers in installing programs. When I install an
RMPS package the application does not appear on my KDE menu. Do I have to
manually install it and if so, how? Where does the program get installed? I
saw nothing that led me to believe I could control where it gets installed.
Also I am still receiving the error "Can only start executables on local
disks." I am confused by this message as well. When installing an
application in TAR or GZ format, what file do I typically look for to
install it? (ie, install.exe or setup.exe in Windows, What's the equivalent
in Linux?) And lastly, I have several KDE themes I want to install in GZ
format. Where do I copy them in order for them to appear in my Themes
choices? Sorry if all this sounds to simple to ask about... I am a Systems
Analyst in the MS Windows world, but am brand new to Linux, but I like
Linux better so far. Once I get past the learning curve I may use it
exclusively...

Fred

PS: What is one of the better email clients? I use Eudora Pro in Windows
and would like something similar for Linux.
Where are some of the better sites for obtaining Linux software on the web,
and for learning about Linux?