I want to test my SCSI scanner with linux mandrake 7.1 but I'm in doubt
on what to do.
I see sane is installed via the rpm included into the iso image I used,
when reading the manual it talks about "saned" but no saned is into the
rpm package nor in the filesystem. Must I compile the SANE pachage after
installing it via rpm ?
Also the "saned" call is needed, as I understand, to be added to
inetd.conf file but, indeed, I have no saned at all.
I apologize for my misunderstanding about the question.
P.S. the scanner itself is an Acer prisa 620st which, I see, must work
whith the sanpscan backend.
Thanks.

   Massimo Corinaldesi