On Sun, 11 Jun 2000, Vic wrote:

> I am trying to pull the e mail off of my
> server with a pop client but it don't work.
>
> When I try to do it with Netscape it says
> something like it did nto work or some unhelpful
> idiotmessage,
You should have posted it anyway. That could have helped...

> when I used imaginemail's pop
> e mail puller it said that the server was too slow
> and that can't be.
>
> Do I need to install a pop server software or
> something?

Do the other things work with internet? Can you browse http or ftp server?

Try to make a "telnet popserver 110" and see if it responds. You can even
try to log to the server (with the USER and PASS commands) and send some
commands like STAT, LIST 1, (close the connection with the "QUIT" command)
or things like that. If that works, then the problem comes from your
client's configuration. If it doesn't work, then either there is a problem
with your internet connection, or the pop server is down.

Anyway, you don't need to setup a pop server.

HTH
Flupke

--
        << There's no place like ~ ! >>