I finally got X working on my IBM Netfinity 3000 server w/ an S3 Trio3D
video vard (PII350, 128 megs, 4 megs video, 9.1 gig hd). During
configuration (xf86config) I set the resolutions at 8bpp and 24bpp to
"1024x768" and "1280x1024", and 16bpp at "800x600" and "640x480"
according to www.xf86free's ver. 3.3.6 - S3Virge documentation.

The problem is that when I start it, everything is extremely large, so
big that if I
open DrakConf or anything else, they extend far beyond the screen. I
cannot navigate the screens so that I can reconfigure anything. It seems
much larger than even 680x480(I assume). I've tried cntrl-alt-+ and -,
within X toshift resolutions but nothing happens.

I'm (fairly) sure this is a minor problem/fix, can anyone please suggest

solutions?

Vic

ps.

I am aware that GUI's on servers are for amateurs(which I am), but it is
going to be used as a fileserver, etc at a small non-profit
environmental foundation and
I need the KDE GUI so that they can easily manage files, add users,
etc., without calling me home everyday.

Victor