Mogens,
        I had the same thing happen to me and this is what I did to get
Netscape back as user:
        1.  Copy over the liprefs.js and preferences.js files from or another
working user
        2.  Change the permissions to the new user
        3.  Edit the files in #1 and change all the references to the current
user directories.
        4.  Restart Netscape and cross your fingers.

        That worked for me and hopefully it will for you too.

        Trevor