I installed mandrake 7.1 from the drive fine, so it recognizes it
and mounts it for installation.  Afterward, when it is installed
it will not mount.  It returns '/dev/cdrom is an invalid block device'.

Hardware:

 Pioneer 105S ATAPI DVD 10x/40x, (attempting to mount as /dev/cdrom)
 SAF SpeedWriter+ 2x/2x/4x, (mounting as /dev/cdrom2)
 3.5" 1.44MB, (mounting as /dev/fd0)
 5.25" 1.2MB, (mounting as /dev/fd1)
 26GB Maxtor Diamond something or other HD (mounting as /dev/hdb)
 4GB Western Digital (mounting as /dev/hdc).

 Athlon 800, w/ Asus KV motherboard (with KX-133 chipset),
 Geforce DDR,
 Soundblaster Live!,
 3 Com NIC card,
 Logitech Wheel mouse,
 etc.,
 etc.

All excited about leaving Windows forever, but I just can't get the
dang DVD to mount.  I'm not even asking to watch a DVD on it, I just
want to be able to read files on it.  Is it something with /etc/fstab, or
some other, driver related thing?

Thank You,
John Seebold