WHERE is the GNOME path in mandrake...and what all
is needed in installing gnome...?

I'm trying to install the latest version of screem
using a TAR.GZ file...
but I keep getting this...in error:

attached is the error I get...whether I install
0.2.5   or 0.2.6   of screem....

I have all gcc rpm's from the CD installed...
I can't figure this out

I currently have  0.2.3 rpm of screem installed
but I want the newest one...
--
           Registered Linux User:73821
<===============    KompuKit    ===================>
Kit Goins                              ICQ# 7110071
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                           Lowell, Mass.
Web Designer      http://kitdesigns.bizhosting.com
WebServer:        http://kompukit.dyndns.org
(Server Runs between M-F 6pm-12am,S+S 12pm-12am EST)
<===============    KompuKit    ===================>
[root@kompukit screem-0.2.6]# ./configure
creating cache ./config.cache
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... no
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create
executables.