In regards to your second question you need to install Acrobat reader  to read
the rest of the books.
I had the same problem and it took me a while to figure how to install AR (
the instructions on the Mandrake manual was not correct.

On Wed, 21 Jun 2000,
also sprach: > I must be going blind ,  I read the code somewhere on installing
a > .gz file.  Can't  find it, I know its in the book and man pages. I also
can't open the >  > the books on the CD ROM that has the extras, #3 in my
package.  I can open "Using Linux" but none >  > of the rest of the ebooks will
open, I just get a blank page and nothing more. Don't find any help in the
users manual either. >  > That's two problema presented in a bit of an
incoherent manner. Any help would be appreciated. >

--
Windoze is a virus with a user interface.
This message was created with Linux