Roman....well, that menu item seems to have a broken/incorrect
link.  I suppose it's a bug but I can't get anyone of any
import with MandrakeSoft to even respond to my messages about
it (cooker, expert).

Kmenuedit isn't much use unless run as root anyway, so what I
do is open the command window with alt-f2 and type:

 kdesu -c kmenuedit

I am then prompted for the root password, whereupon kmenuedit
pops up with all of it's functions working fully (unlike when
it's run by a user).

Alan