Where did you get the idea that Hard Disk Drivers flash the BIOS? Every
different model of motherboard has a different BIOS, there is no way they
could provide BIOS changes for every motherboard. Yes, these drivers can
cause problems and they can be difficult to remove (though some do now have
uninstallation procedures), but they are simply a driver that starts from
the MBR and intercepts all disk access code.

 - Peter Ogden
   Perth, West Australia

   E-mail: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
   WWW: http://www.esbconsult.com.au/ogden/