Another quick fix is to open your 'home' directory icon from the desktop
and then click on 'Desktop'; you should have all the options at that
point.  I'm curious though, I'm using 7.1 and my $user account does have
right click options - root however doesn't.  Is that your case also?

Mike

--
Mike & Tracy Holt