On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, you wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I appears that MDK7.1 does add the icons for RealPlayer as 7.0 did.
> And, the Panel to be very lean. Does any one know how to add RealPlayer7
> under Multimedia?
>
> Not only that but you have to type in and call up the kmenuedit.
> Whenever you try to configure, an error message appears indicating that
> it isn't installed. But, it is!
>
> It does not seem as user friendly or am I missing something?
>
> Roman

   With 7.0, I use to (as user) 'su' to root and run 'kmenuedit'
from a console.  Worked fine.  For some reasons I don't understand
yet, while I can still do this in 7.1, the menu changes don't last,
ie, are permanent.

   What I have found to work is logout of user and log back into
as root (ie, to root's desktop) and then use the menu editor. Then
my changes are 'permanent'.

   So try logging in as root and running the menu editor.  You
should be able to drag n'drop RP's listing.  I've found that to be
a problem sometimes also, so then I just delete the menu item and
recreate it where I want it.  IIRC, RP was one of these.

 --
~~   Tom Brinkman    [EMAIL PROTECTED]