On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, Linux Neophite wrote:

>Somebody help me please,
>
>After installtion of my MandRake 7.0 is doesn't boot/startupB.
>When I boot it with my Floppy created bootdisk during installation it
>start/boot.
>
>How do I configure my new Linux Box to startup from hardisk?
>
>thank you!

Did you create a small boot partition at the beginning of your harddisk
for LILO to be at? MD 7.0 needs that. Lilo cannot boot from anywhere
beyond cylinder 1024 in that release. MDK 7.1 seems to have fixed that
problem, I do not know yet, since I still have to get that one.

Paul

--
If you lose money, you lose nothing.
If you lose (the) honour, you lose a lot.

)0(    [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]    )0(
http://nlpagan.net -  ICQ 147208
Registered  Linux  User   174403