aifusionextreme wrote:
Hi I jave succesfully installed mandrake 7.0 before but on smaller dirves. When trying to install it on a 14 GB with only 1 partition, everything appears fine, but once we reboot, instead of lilo I get a screen full of '01010101010101 ......' for ever or until reboot. So I thought I would give Bootmagic a try ( comes with the macmillian release ), but it says something about not liking a partition that is greater than 1023 cylenders or something. Can anybody help me ascertain what restrictions there are for these boot managers, what can be done to correct it, and are there alternatives ( free ones ) that dont have these retricitons ? Thanks
Yep, install GRUB. I'm not sure if it comes with mandrake 7.0 but
its what I use in 7.1. It surpasses the 1024 cylinder limitations.