You need the following:
IP Address (or DHCP)
Subnet Mask
Gateway
DNS (extra DNS servers never hurt anyone, so see if they can't give you 2 or 3)

Once you've got this info, plugging it in under "Network Configuration"
(part of the Configuration Tool icon on your desktop), is easy. Just click
on basic host information enter the above information. Click on Routing &
Gateways, enter your Gateway (Do not enable routing just yet, you may do
this later if you're masqing other machines) Click on Name Servers and
enter your DNSes. Click on quit. Click on Activate Changes (The window will
take a bit to close)

Once the window closes here's your first "Joy of Linux"... you don't need
to reboot to test your new network settings. Just launch netscape and hit
yahoo.

n-joy

-David Talbot