here's a little snippet from a mesage I posted a few weeks ago, i hope this helps...

You should set up Mandrake in expert mode and chose not to use lilo, but create a boot
disk.
Look around and find the latest lilo rpm at a mandrake ftp site then copy it to a
floppy (it
should fit). Boot with the boot disk into Mandrake, take out the boot disk and put in
the one
with lilo. Then open the floppy and click on the rpm. The next screen should be the
installer.
Install it. Now open lilo.conf, create any partitions that you know you have that
aren't
displayed. Also add on a line by itself "lba32" without the quotes somewhere BEFORE
you specify
any of the partitions (i put it right before the "default=whatever" command. I have
Mandrake on a
partition at the end of my 20G, and a 6G that is strictly a system backup)

I hope this helps. ( I think the latest release of lilo is lilo 0.21.4.3-1)

Good Luck

Dave