Andrew Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Loaded Mandrake 7.0 on a Thinkpad 760XL and used RPM to install
> StarOffice and Apache.  Now I can't find them.  They don't show up in
> any KDE application menus and the only icon that shows for StarOffice
> just runs the installer.  I've done that twice and can't find the
> application.
>
> This seems really basic, but where are they?  I perused the directory
> that StarOffice created and find nothing that seems to be an app.  As
> for Apache, the find utility finds nothing with Apache in it.  Do I
> have to run a second installer from the hard drive?  I know I'm doing
> something very basic wrong, but can't figure out what it is.
> HelLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Andy
Look in /opt
There should be a SOffice folder for StarOffice.  Look for an executable
inside that directory.  You can then create an icon (if you'd like) using the
full path, including the execute command.
HTH,
Mike

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
        -Benjamin Frankilin

http://webmail.netscape.com.