"Robert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>       MIME Type: multipart/alternative
> Help !!!
>
> I am currently running mandrake 7.1 but when
> add append mem=128M and run lilo to make it work lilo hangs and after
several seconds my hole system hangs...
> is this a bug or what ????
>
> TIA
> Robert
================================
Probably not.  Boot in with a floppy and for now, delete your append line (or
at least te part about mem=128).
More than likely either th system is using some of that memory, or you are
sharing with your video card.
Reboot (w/o floppy) and at the prompt try "linux mem=127M" w/o the quotes.  If
that works, then that's the amount to add to your append line.  If it doesn't,
try 126, etc, going down until you find the amount that works. then put that
in the append line.
HTH,
Mike

"Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol
than alcohol has taken out of me."
        --Winston Churchill

http://webmail.netscape.com.