"aifusionextreme" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>       MIME Type: multipart/alternative
> While trying to install 7.0, it jams on the second stage install ( when the
message is written on the screen). Complete lockout, even the off switch
doesnt function which means the bios is jamed as well.

> With 7.1, this isnt an issue, but when it reaches the new "find PCMCIA
devices" screen, it jams wen a I say yes and it jams when I say no.

> On 7.0, using the pcmcia image during the beggining of the installtion
worked fine. I got a beep and everything ( which I assumed meant it detected
the PCMCIA card and adapter).

That BEEP is the hardware _ONLY_ telling you is has found a PC-Card
device...nothing to do with the OS.

> I have a PCMCIA ethernet card which I would like installed in the install.
But am willing to leave it out and do it later if needed, but as mentioned
even if I say no to the PCMCIA detection it jams.

> So basically I cant install 7.0 or 7.1 on that box. Any ideas  ?
>
> Details of box:
>
> MB: HOT565
> CPU: AMD-K6-2 233
> Memory: 168MB
> HD: 6 GB IBM
> CD: unknown
> Grpahics card: S3
>
> The Only other card is the Lucent PCI -> PCMCIA Adapter.

The Dogma chased the Stigma, and was hit by the Karma.

http://webmail.netscape.com.