On Sun, 25 Jun 2000, Victor Richardson wrote:

>I'm thinking on trying X 4.0 today to see if it will help, but it is probably
>going to turn out to be a hardware problem. And will probably try to run it in
>Frame Buffer mode as IBM's site suggest, although I'm not sure how primitive
>the graphics will be. I've never seen Frame Buffer is it like SVGA?

I don't have a clue what Frame Buffer is, so I can't answer that.

>Any ideas on how to test the video card to see if it even works outside of
>installing Windows?

You can try to find a dos version of the program Dazzle. That's a
kaleidoscope. If that works, then the card should be fine.

Paul

--
To be enlightened actually means to be normal

)0(    [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]    )0(
http://nlpagan.net -  ICQ 147208
Registered  Linux  User   174403