Janis,

I am also running a PCI Promise Ultra66 IDE Controller card.  I had to feed
the I/O numbers to the kernel in order to install MDK 7.0.

MDK 7.1 and the Promise Ultra66 finally got married.  Installing Mandrake
7.1 onto a hard drive connected to a Promise Ultra66 IDE controller was a
piece of cake.

Feel free to send me any E-mails concerning the Promise Ultra66 and Mandrake
6.1, 7.0-2, or 7.1.

Hope that helps,
Matt