"PatMc" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I made the error of installing win98 AFTER I installed Mandrake 7.0.  So of
> cource the Master Boot Record was over writen and linux won't boot. I have
> read how to fix this but can't remember the details. Can someone point me
in
> the right direction so I don't have to reinstall Mandrake.
>
> Thank you
>
> Pat
Use your boot floppy to get into linux and then, as root, run /sbin/lilo from
a command line.  You should get a report back that lilo.conf has added win or
dos.  Reboot w/o floppy and this time you should come to the lilo prompt.  If
you hit the tab key you should see both sytems available for booting (linux
will probably be the default system).
HTH,
Mike

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
        -Benjamin Frankilin

http://webmail.netscape.com.