Michael Scottaline wrote:

> Mark Weaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > How come then it recognizes my 1542 adapter, but I can't access the
> > device? heavens! it even loads the drivers or whatever it's doing when
> > it's booting and lists it amoung the other devices, but I can't use the
> > tape drive. When I attempt to mount the device it tells me there isn't a
> > tape in the drive.
> >
> > --
> > Mark
> Hate to state the obvious but...,
> Have you made an entry for the tape device in /etc/fstab?
> Mike
>
> "Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol
> than alcohol has taken out of me."
>         --Winston Churchill

>http://webmail.netscape.com.

Well, actually...I thought about that, but usually I do things like that
through linuxconf. I rarely manually edit this file but I have been
known to on occasion. HOw should I reference it and what are it's
particulars? Doing a HDD is cake now, but when I first started I thought
I was going to pull out my hair.
--
Mark

I love my Linux box...