I have a sound card (SoundBlaster of some type) that was detected and installed
using the es1371 driver in Mandrake 7.1.

Problem is the volume is very unsatisfactory. I've set the Kmixer volume all
the way up and it's only "listenable" not quite blastable.

(seems like I'm spamming the list with all these problems, but I'm migrating my
primary desktop machine (A HP Pavilion 6470Z) and it's my work enviroment. Due
to hard drive crash I don't have Windows to fall back on during the upgrade,
can't work without mp3's :) )

 --
-David Talbot

Those who would choose security over freedom deserve neither. -B. Franklin