first you have to make sure...that "lilo" is installed on your hard
drive,,,that has linux on it...then lilo has to be configured to boot
linux first...not windows...
then bootmagic...must be configured correctly...

I have partitionmagic 5.0  it comes with bootmagic...
and this is how I have it,   on my system...it's setup like yours...
except...for I have a 8.4 gig hd with two partitions...windows is the
first...and linux second...
I have lilo on the linux part...not on the MBR....and use
bootmagic...to boot to lilo...which in turn,boots to linux

hope this helps

--
             Registered Linux User:167369