Many thanks to several of you who helped me on installing Pronto Mail. The bit
about using Perl and being online were critical. Even so, in the end I was
informed that the install failed - something about "can't locate MIMI/Parser
...".

I even tried xfmail only to learn that it required libstdc++-libc6.12-2.so.3.
Whatever that is.

Am using Mandrake 6 and continue to be astounded at the complexity of
supposedly very simple programs like Pronto or xfmail.

Maybe I'm just  a very slow learner.

Thanks again. Maybe when I upgrade to Mandrake 7 I'll try again.

Michael Coady.

--
M.