Mark Weaver wrote:

>>HI LIst,
>>
>>I was wondering if there was a setting somewhere to turn on/off power
>>management so my monitor wouldn't go to sleep?
>>
>>I think it's already diabled in the BIOS.
>>
>>thanks,
>>
>>Mark
>

>If you use KDE desktop then go into control center and you will see a
>"DPMS" on the tree. Click on that and you can set your Power Management
>and \ or turn it on or off with a check box.

And after you do that, there's one last very important step: Click on the
help button to bring up the manual page, and read through it to the point
where it talks about making your settings permanent. For some reason, if all
you do is use the DPMS control window to set it up, it won't remember your
settings after the next time you reboot. Then you're right back where you
started. Follow the instructions for making a simple startup shortcut that
goes in your startup folder. Then you can just set it and forget it. If for
any reason you don't find the instructions, say so and I'll post them.