I have been struggerling with Samba for quite a while and now I am turing
for help.

I will explain the problem then explain my troubleshooting.

I have a PII 333
64 Megs of RAM
Linksys Ethernet Card
The Box with Samba is Mandrake 7.0
Other workstations are Windows 98 second edition.

Well I originally configured Samba and i am able to see other computers on
my workgroup but unable to mount or surf these computers. But the other
computers which are running windows 98 are able to access my Mandrake 7.0
box Another funny thing is when I try to restart my Daemons SMB and NMB I
get a error that reads
"[root@digital init.d]# ./smb restart
Shutting down SMB services:                                [FAILED]
Shutting down NMB services:                                [FAILED]
Starting SMB services: smbd: error in loading shared libraries:
/lib/libreadline.so.3: undefined symbol: BC
                                                           [FAILED]
Starting NMB services: nmbd: error in loading shared libraries:
/lib/libreadline.so.3: undefined symbol: BC
                                                           [FAILED]"

So I have uninstalled the samba RPM packages thinking something funny happen
during the install. Then I download the new Samba version 2.0.7 in the
*.tar.gz form and was able to compile and install. I still have the same
problem with browsing other computers and restarting the daemons.

So I have no Idea what to do now. The only thing I can think of is downgrade
to Redhat 6.1 bcs that is my other Distrobution in my house. But I would
rather not because Mandrake is far superior.

Please help me

Justin Ford
Digital Beta