Sorry, Paul, but I don't agree with what you said:
a low security level can help intruders to have access to your computer
and it can also give more privileges to those people.

Maybe this is not the place to discuss how and why it can happen, but I
think that people on this list that care about their security on internet
should be aware of that.

Of course, the security level can also prevent bad or stupid local users
to do nasty or unwanted things.

Can a guru correct me if I said something stupid, please?

HTH
Flupke

--
        << There's no place like ~ ! >>