On Mon, 3 Jul 2000, John Rye wrote:

>I just tried to upgrade to XFree86 4.0 over mandrake 7.0's Xfree
>3.whatever.
>
>Xinstall.sh seemed to function correctly, but gave some guff about
>"termcap" needing modifcation.
>
>Anyhow, if I use "startX" I get a termination with the error:
>
>"FontTransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect errno = 111
>
>filer to set default font path unix/:-1"
>
>Can't find any refence to this path in the xterm file.

I had this one happen once when I tried to run X on my other
machine. Through mandrakeuser.org pages I found out that xfs (X File
server) was not running. A simple reboot was enough to get this going
again. Perhaps looking at the pages on mandrakeuser.org helps you out too.

Paul

--
Who cares more for information than for inspiration,
prefers elevators to wings.

)0(    [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]    )0(
http://nlpagan.net -  ICQ 147208
Registered  Linux  User   174403