Mark Weaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Joe,
>
> Mark from Pennsylvania sounding off here. I prefer Gnome 1st and 2nd IceWM
> and 3rd BlackBox. Gnome for it's awesome functionality, (I cut my Linux
> teeth on Redhat 5.2 and worked my way to 6.2 till finding Mandrake), IceWM
> for it's great looks and functionality, and thirdly is BlackBox cause it's
> just flat out cool looking and fast! Blackbox is also more of a challenge
> then the other two. Still don't know where everything is or how to make
> some thing happen that I do in Gnome without even thinking about it.
>
> --
> Mark
>
> I love my Linux Box...
======================================
Hi Mark,
        Do you use IceWm or BlackBox as window manager for your Gnome Desktop
environment, or do you use them on their own.  The current "opinion" seems to
be that Gnome works really well with lighter weight window managers like Ice
or BlackBox or even the relatively new Sawfish (formerly Sawmill) which is now
the default window manager, I believe.
        Even on its own, IceWm looks pretty good.  Haven't yet tried BlackBox.
Mike

"Many loads of beer were brought.  What disorder, whoring, fighting, killing
and dreadful idolatry took place there!"
Baltasar Rusow, Estonia, 16th century

http://webmail.netscape.com.