Harry Flaxman wrote:

> One thing I've just noticed about my 7.0 setup that the partition info
> for the swap file never seemed to get assigned.  Now, when I boot
> Linux....it says swap file initialized....failed.
>
> Is there anyway to move partition info in Linux without destroying the
> system, and re-assigning the swap partition?  I have 256mb of ram, and
> was wondering if a swap is needed.  The system seems stable and running
> well without it.  Can I just let it be, the way it is.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Harry
>
> --
> _______________________________
>
> Harry Flaxman
> http://web.meganet.net/hflaxman
> ICQ # 22086907

Harry,

Run Drakeconf there is a utility in there that will allow you to change
the size of your swap file. At the moment I can't remember off the top
of my head what it is, I'm not at home, but I remember seeing something
the other day while I was looking around. Also there is a great config
utility on your system called Webmin that my be able to assist you with
this. It's very powerful. I would check there before using Drakeconf.
It's much more user friendly.

To access Webmin start your browser. The address is
http://127.0.0.1:10000

I think you'll be surprised by what you find there. Login as root and
have at it.
--
Mark

I love my Linux box...