Linux won't start after installation unless:
        Hold "delete" and enter BIOS.
        Exit BIOS and don't save changes.
        This has to be done each time I boot Linux.

I've installed Linux 7.0 several times on two different hard
drives(different makes and models).  When the installation is complete and I
try to load Linux without entering the BIOS first.  The machine hangs.
LILO comes up and then after 5 seconds - 'loading Linux'.  Eleven dots
follow the 'loading Linux' and then the system hangs.  The keyboard appears
to be dead.

Mother Board:  Zerus AT Pentium TX w/AMD K6 300 MMX P
Processor:  AMD-K6-2/300
Bios:  American Megatrends, AMI BIOS VER. 2.5 (c) 1997
HDD:  FUJ-MPE3064AT IDE 6.4GB 9.5MS DMA66 540
Cdrom:  Standard 40 speed
Video:  PCI Trio 64P(FP) Ver 1.5-07 w/S3 chip T3M 127A M6026133
Controller is on the mother board, I think it is a DMA 33.
OS: Linux-Mandrake 7.0 - No other operating system on HDD.
I do runs Windows on this machine with no problems, but I switch to other HDD.
William Tomlinson