[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
    Now that I've tackled almost every device on my computer, there lies one
last part to be recognized by Mandrake: my ISA "Compaq 56K-DF" modem.  I
doubt that it is a winmodem due to the fact that Windows reads it on Com2,
and not as an expansion device.
    Any advice, drivers?  I've already set Linux to look for it on Com2
(ttyS2), only to the success of a droning "Modem busy" message each time I
try Kppp.
    And another comment ... switching to a Windows session after a long Linux
session avails my modem undetectable to Windows unless I do a clean reboot.
Could this be related?  Believe me, this modem has giving me trouble many
times before.

Kenny

Com 2 would be ttsy3 in linux lingo. check to be sure you are showing the correct com.  ttsy0 is com 1, ttsy1 is com2 etc, I realize you maybe had a typo above, but thought I better mention the differences just in case.
--
Dennis-Registered Linux User #180842