Edison Gica wrote:

> Hello Dave and Dennis:
>
> Thanks for the email reply.
>
> My monitor's manual says: Horiz freq 30KHz - 54KHz, Vert freq 50-100Hz.
> Under the following resolutions it uses these freq:
>
> 640x480
> H 43.2K
> V 84Hz
>
> 800x600
> H 53.6K
> V 85Hz
>
> 1024x768
> H 48.2K
> V 59Hz
>
> I chose the lowest sync rates.  31.5 for horiz and 50-70 for vert but still
> did not work.  But, I'll give it several more go's.
>
> Again, Thanks.
>
> edison
>
> >From: Dennis Myers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >Subject: Re: [newbie] video chipset & video card
> >Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 09:51:54 -0500
> >
> >Armisis Aieoln wrote:
> >
> > > Have you set up your XF86Config with the correct vertical and horizontal
> >sync's
> > > for your monitor?
> > >
> > > dave

> >the

> >3D"

> >this

> >video
> >problem
> >get the

> > > --
> > > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > Linux Registration #182490
> > > -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
> > > LINUX - Why?
> > > Cause I dont do windows or ovens!
> > > -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
> >
> >I had a similar problem and got it to settle down by dropping to a lower
> >color
> >resolution. You just have to fiddle with  the x config until something
> >works. when
> >you make a change click the "test" and it should give you a screen that has
> >small dialog box in the middle that says " is this right?" or something to
> >that
> >effect. If it does come up you can click the yes button and should be good
> >to go.
> >
> >--
> >Dennis-Registered Linux User #180842

As the sync rates don't seem to be doing the job,   what setting do you have
set for your color? If 16 million or better, which seems to want to be the
default each time you change something else, make sure you are at say 16
thousand or 256 or something lower than 16 million each time you change the
sync.  Sooner than later you will hit a combo that works.

--
Dennis-Registered Linux User #180842