Don't even attempt this.

There is however one instance where you can avoid delays.

If during startup Linux seems to "hang" for several minutes after starting a
daemon (after an "ok" message) then Linux is waiting for a remote and
non-existant DNS server to return it's queries.

If you fix the resolver this will not happen.

Everything else, leave as is.

If Linux checks the hard drive, it's for a good reason.

-JMS