What does the output of "lsdev" say.

Also for yucks, you might want to try running mouseconfig and Xconfigurator
again, selecting another type of mouse.

Frequently if the driver is "off" a bit, you'll run into strange mouse
problems...

I.E. If I select the wrong MS-Mouse driver, my mouse works until I click
then it "sticks" to the upper right corner of the screen.

If I see this I know I have the wrong driver...

-JMS