you have to download the distro a partition other than your root partition /
then make the install disk and boot from that, give the directory you used for
the download (minus the first /parition bit so youll just have /Mandrake/7.1
and you have to select the drive that the download went to....

dave

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]