It's the Linux registry. Since you can get Linux very easily without being
tracked, some guys setup a registration service to more accuratly count how
many people use Linux. Unfortunatly most people don't know about it, so the
amount of officially registered users are small. But he also calculates teh
estimated amounts using guesswork, which produces much more hopeful numbers.

Anyway, the URL for all this is http://counter.li.org

> Hi! I know this may be off topic but I see people with signatures that have a
 "RegisteredLinux User number"  Whats that? And can I register too?  I may
still be a newbie but Im getting there! =) >  > JOhn

--
Anthony Huereca
http://m3000.1wh.com