didn't see any replies so I am trying again:

Am trying to run the new Drak tools with Mandrake 7.1. All were
installed by rpm and no dependancy problems showed. Drakfont works fine and is a
nice step towards beautifying my desktop.

But, when i try to run the other tools they fail with
variations on the following:

Can't load '/usr/lib/libDrakX/auto/c/stuff/stuff.so' for module c::stuff:
/usr/lib/libDrakX/auto/c/stuff/stuff.so: undefined symbol: fdio at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i386-linux/DynaLoader.pm line 200.  at
/usr/lib/libDrakX/c.pm line 5 Compilation failed in require at
/usr/lib/libDrakX/c.pm line 5. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/lib/libDrakX/c.pm line 5. Compilation failed in require at
/usr/lib/libDrakX/log.pm line 5. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/lib/libDrakX/log.pm line 5. Compilation failed in require at
/usr/lib/libDrakX/detect_devices.pm line 9. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted
at /usr/lib/libDrakX/detect_devices.pm line 9.Compilation failed in require at
/usr/lib/libDrakX/any.pm line 12. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/lib/libDrakX/any.pm line 12. Compilation failed in require at
/usr/sbin/drakboot line 7. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/sbin/drakboot line 7.

(substitute drak* for /usr//sbin/drakboot)

I've upgraded my perl install to 5.6 via rpm.

any help much appreciated...

--
Keith Robinson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]