On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, JoeLx wrote:

>A question...
>
>How to run those Licq or GTKicq or KXicq through a proxy server?
>My Linux box is behind a proxy server (wingate NT).

Changed the subject since this does not deal with sounds anymore:

You can only run *icq from behind a proxy server when it is wide open to
all and everyone. the *icq* protocol (if you can speak of something like
that) uses ports all over the place. If e.g. the proxy allows ports
1900-2200, then all messages etc through ports 1100-1899 en 2201-??? won't
get through. ICQ is notorious for not working with proxies and firewalls.

Paul

--
Categories do not perform their functions
unless they are kept distinct.

)0(    [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]    )0(
http://nlpagan.net -  ICQ 147208
Registered  Linux  User   174403