I agree, I've been using Partition Magic for about a year now and it works
great!  There is another option however; GNU parted.  I haven't had the guts
to try it, but you can download it from the Mandrake cooker and give it try.

ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/MandrakeCooker/cooker/Mandrake/RPMS/parted-1.2.4-1md
k.i586.rpm

If you do try it, give a report on the list and tell how it works, k?
Mike