Hi guys and gals.

Last night I started my Linux box, everything apparently normal, but one thing: the
bottom panel bar. It was missing the section where open windows buttons go. I mean, if
i minimized a window, there was no way (as far as I know) to restore it again by
clicking in the corresponding button on the panel, cause there were no buttons! Also
was missing, in the same panel, the little square where I can choose the other
desktops. I tried to reconfigure the panel, but I could only add some applets and
stuff like launchers, "swallowed apps" (?), etc. I never found the right way to
restore my panel.

I also read the Gnome user manual, but found nothing about my problem.

Does anyone know how to restore my two missing items (open windows buttons and the
desktop chooser)?

Thanks in advance

Hugo