"Ronald J. Hall" wrote:

> Tom Brinkman wrote:
>
> >  XMMS:   under Preferences | Audio IO Plugins,  hi-lite 'CD Audio
> > Player', choose 'enable' and 'OK'.  Plays audio CD's better than any
> > other player I've heard.  Xmms 1.2.2 is available on cooker now.
> >
> > --
> > ~~   Tom Brinkman    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Hmm. Mine's already setup like that (in fact,
> all the plugins in that section are enabled),
> but what do you do next? I've got an audio CD
> in my drive, but clicking on play does nothing.

Open up /mnt/cdrom or whereever you mount your cd.  The audio tracks
will show up as files.  Either that, or you have to configure the CD
player plugin to the proper directory.  And you don't have to mount the
CD, it just works :-)

Dan

--
A mother takes twenty years to make a man of her boy, and another woman
makes a fool of him in twenty minutes.