I just completed a clean install of the McMillan Linux-Mandrake 7.1
Deluxe. Loaded 5 disks and took 2 hours, but it went as smooth as silk.
My S3 Trio 3D/2X video card came up with no problems sound is good and
the only thing I have a problem with is the modem. I think I messed up
and have it set to the wrong address because it dials up just fine, but
the connection immediatly dies.  So the modem was detected by lothar, (I
checked) and the only thing that could be wrong is the internal ip
address or the ISP ip address. Time to start the detective work. I just
wanted the list to know that on the machine I built for linux only, the
commercial install went very very well.  Dennis