Enjoy it.  It's great.  You can run most KDE programs and
all (I think) Gnome programs in XFCE.

A free tip: if you want to have some things autostart when
you startx and the window manager, then do this.  There is a
dotfile called .xfwm-session that records everything that's
running when you log out, and starts them up next time.  As
a one-time deal, have everything running you want to
autostart, then select "Quit" on the XFCE panel.  On a
console command line type "cp .xfwm-session
.xfwm-session.d" -- the second filename can be anything you
want with a dot in front.  Then in your .xinitrc the line to
start the window manager would be:
exec xfwm -restore .xfwm-session.d
Of course, YMMV if you use kdm to log on.  I always start X
from the console, because it's easier to have things the way
you want that way (IMO).

A couple of screenshots of my xfce setup:
http://home.att.net/~p.b.burton/grab.jpg
http://home.att.net/~p.b.burton/grab2.jpg

Have fun.

Phil