Hello,

I have a system running Linux-Mandrake 6.5 with two ethernet cards configured.
One takes the ip packets from my cable modem provider (eth0) and the other
forwards the
packets to my internal network(eth1).  I use ipchains for the forwarding.
For some reason, I have to shut down eth1 before I can start my Xwindows
session.
Then I have to bring it back up.  Until I do this the rest of my internal
network cannot
see the DNS servers provided by my cable modem service but I can see the
gateway.

Has anyone seen this before, or know what might be happening.

TIA , Nathan