I have an IBM Netfintity 3000 (2 Intel 10/100 nics- 1 integrated, 1 pci)
server running 7.1 that I shutdown yesterday using halt, then turned off
the power. Today, I booted it up again and during boot there was an
error message for both nics (eth0, eth1). After boot, 'ifconfig -a'
shows one interface lo0 (loopback). The references to both nics are
still in /etc/hosts, and Linuxconf shows both adapters. I tried to
'ifconfig' new addresses for the nics, but it returns that they don't
exist(obviously).

shutdown the sysytem and removed the pci nic, then rebooted. Bootup ran
kudsu(?) which asked if I wanted to remove, save, or do nothing about
eth1. I chose to delete it, then restart just to see if I added it back
in, the system would recognize it. Anyway, after I added the card again,
boot still had errors for both.

How can I get a look at the error messages during boot for eth0 and
eth1?

And has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions for a solution?

Victor