I have seen the same problem occasionally... I think it may be a DNS problem. This is
a possible solution (no guarantees):

On the linux box, in /etc/hosts add the ip address and host name of your linux box,
also add the host name and ip of your windows box.

It could look somthing like this:

192.168.0.2      localhost.localdomain     localhost
192.168.0.2      LinuxBox
192.168.0.1      WindowsBox

And, in linuxconf (can anyone tell I'm still stuck in Red Hat Land?)--in terminal, su
to root, type linuxconf [enter]--click networking|host_name_search_path and make sure
that hosts, DNS is selected.

I'm not sure if this is the fix (when this happened to me, I was experimenting on a
machine with an unsupported video card, and didn't care to fool around for very long
with troubleshooting. I re-installed linux attempting to fix the video 'cause I
trashed the system entirely, and the netscape thing worked without a problem)

Hope that it helps!

--Greg

Want free email? Sign up at http://www.freeze.com !