I am completely new to linux(and its making me climb
the walls) but i'm understanding it
I don't think this would call for the specs on my
machine but my problem is lothar was not working so I
installed a program called HardDrake and now when I
try to configure my hardware it tells me I need to
update my modprobe to version 2.3.1

and another problem its giving my is when I startup
linux, HardDrake runs and trys to configure everything
and when it fails it leaves me without my USB, both my
mouse and my keyboard run on USB so I get screwed and
have to disconnect them and hook up some older ones I
have.
Thanks in advance for any help at all.